- 5 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh ground salt + pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced for garnish
- Pour olive oil into a medium/large skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add peppers, (optional) jalapenos, and garlic, sprinkle with salt + pepper. Cook while stirring occasionally about 4-6 minutes, until veggies are tender but not too soft.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in beaten eggs. Cook while stirring with a rubber heat-safe spatula about 3-6 minutes, until eggs are almost cooked.
- Fold in spinach and finish cooking eggs, about 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and cover, let cheese melt for several minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and serve on its own, in a tortilla, or on toast, for an easy, tasty, hot and wholesome breakfast.
- For faster preparation, crack eggs directly into pan and toss immediately with spatula to break yolks + combine.
- Serve with hot sauce, cayenne, ketchup, or use a whole jalapeno for extra flavor + heat.
- To remove garlic husk without hassle, smash the garlic bulb with the side of a knife first.
- 1 Blue Sky Family Farms egg
- Olive oil (or oil of choice)
- Fresh ground salt + pepper
- Pour oil into a small skillet or non-stick frying pan. Heat over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, carefully crack egg into oil.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, until egg whites are set and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add freshly ground salt + pepper.
- Serve on its own, on toast, or with bacon.
- Try cooking in bacon fat or alternative oils (coconut oil, avocado oil) for slightly different flavors.
- For over easy, flip egg and cook for approximately 30 seconds. For over hard, flip egg and cook 2 minutes longer.
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- 1 package of cheese wraps
- 2T Butter, plus additional as necessary
- ¾ c chopped sweet onions
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
Melt 2 T butter. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until onions soften. Add fresh spinach, and cook until spinach wilts, and reduces in pan. Add eggs, any additional butter as desired, and scramble all ingredients together until fully cooked.
Plate the cheese wraps, two per plate. Add egg and veggies scramble to one side of the wrap and fold the other one side over the top. Add hot sauce, if desired, salt and pepper to taste.
Option to fill the cheese wrap with eggs and bacon, sausage, or other veggies as desired.
- 3 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups bread cubes (Crust trimmed)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 315°F
- Place half the bread cubes in 1 ½ quart casserole
- Layer half the cheese, bacon and butter
- Repeat layers and arrange mushrooms on top
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard and salt and pour over layered mixture
- Set casserole in pan of hot water and bake at 315°F for 1 ½ hours