Thanksgiving Leftovers Benedict
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 2 people
Use fresh eggs to make poaching a breeze!
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- 1.5 cups stuffing
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 14 oz roast turkey
- 2 English muffins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put enough water into a pot so eggs won't burn while poaching, but don't have too much room to float - 2 to 3 inches depending on cookware. Bring water to a boil, then turn to low heat.
- Add lemon juice to water to encourage eggs to stick together when dropped in.
- Stir water into a vortex so the egg stays in place when dropped in. Gently crack 1 egg at a time into the center of the pot. Cook for 3-4 minutes for a solid egg white and runny yolks.
- When poached eggs are finished, remove from pot using a slotted spoon, and dab with a paper towel to dry.
- Split open English muffins, toast if desired.
- Slice or debone turkey as needed. Reheat turkey and stuffing leftovers.
- Depending on the consistency of your stuffing, consider mashing it down a little extra so it stays on the English muffin well!
- Evenly distribute turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce (and any other leftovers that need eating!) between each English muffin. Enjoy with your favorite person!