- Grass-fed burger patties
- Brioche Buns
- Blue Sky Family Farms Eggs
- Red onion, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
- Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Pickles, sliced
- Condiments of choice
- Bacon (optional)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Start cooking burger patty on grill or in a cast iron skillet.
- While burger is cooking, lightly toast bun in toaster and fry your egg in a separate pan, making sure the yolk stays runny.
- When burger is almost finished cooking, add cheese and let melt.
- Remove burger from pan and add to toasted bun. Top with runny fried egg, all prepared veggies, and the sauces of your choice.
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Green onions, chopped
- Whisk the chicken broth, cornstarch, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper. It is essential that the broth is room temperature or cooler, otherwise, the cornstarch will clump and not dissolve.
- Bring stock to a simmer; stirring occasionally. While this is heating, whisk together the eggs in a separate measuring cup or bowl.
- Once the stock has come to a simmer, use a whisk or fork to begin stirring the stock around and around to create a slow “whirlpool.” Gradually drizzle in the eggs as you continue to stir the stock, and they will turn into those magical little ribbons. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the sesame oil and green onions until combined. Serve immediately, topped with thinly sliced green onions.
Submitted by Jamei Boyer
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Submitted by Lindsey Brouyette
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- 1 c fine-chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef,
- 1 T tomato paste
- 3/4 t ground cumin
- 3/4 t smoked paprika
- Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- 1 c fine-chopped onion
- Cheddar cheese or another hard cheese, shredded
- Jicama tortillas
Melt 2T butter in 10 -12 in skillet. Add onion, garlic, red and green peppers, and sauté on medium heat until peppers and onion soften. Add beef. Cook until ingredients are lightly browned. Drain fat. Add tomato paste. Add salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and hot sauce. Simmer for 5-10 mins and set aside.
In a separate pan, add 2 t butter and scramble the eggs.
Place scrambled eggs on top of meat mixture and top with cheese. Serve warm in jicama tortillas.
Adapted from the New York Times
- 8 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- 8 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 8 ripe tomatoes, hollowed out salt and pepper
- 1 Teaspoon butter
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place tomato shells in a buttered baking dish
- sprinkle each with salt, pepper and chopped parsley
- Bake 5 minutes uncovered
- Remove from oven and break an egg into each tomato, dot with butter and sprinkle with basil
- return to oven for 15 minutes
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake another 10 minutes