Egg Drop Soup
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Green onions, chopped
- Whisk the chicken broth, cornstarch, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper. It is essential that the broth is room temperature or cooler, otherwise, the cornstarch will clump and not dissolve.
- Bring stock to a simmer; stirring occasionally. While this is heating, whisk together the eggs in a separate measuring cup or bowl.
- Once the stock has come to a simmer, use a whisk or fork to begin stirring the stock around and around to create a slow “whirlpool.” Gradually drizzle in the eggs as you continue to stir the stock, and they will turn into those magical little ribbons. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the sesame oil and green onions until combined. Serve immediately, topped with thinly sliced green onions.