- 1 bunch of kale
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of arugula
- 1/4 Honey crisp apple
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small chicken breast
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Handful of pecans
- 1 Blue Sky Family Farms egg
- 1 serving wild + long grain rice
- Your favorite balsamic dressing
- Cook rice per instructions and set aside in cooking pot.
- Cut sweet potato into cubes and toss with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Bake on a lined cookie sheet at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes. Season with salt and pepper and cook on the stovetop until fully cooked.
- Boil a pot of water and carefully place Blue Sky Family Farms egg into the boiling water. Cook 6 1/2 minutes at a gentle boil. Remove and put into ice water for 2 minutes. Peel under cool running water. Slice in half.
- Cut apple into cubes.
- Cut spines off of kale and combine with spinach and arugula in bottom of bowl.
- Arrange cooked chicken breast, apple, sweet potato, egg, rice, goat cheese, and pecans on the bed of greens.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette dressing on a crisp winter day.
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Paprika, to garnish
- Slice eggs lengthwise and carefully remove yolks.
- Add all ingredients to a zipper plastic bag; smash and mix well.
- Snip small corner off bag; squeeze yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Submitted by Gina Walsh
- 10-12 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Olives, halved (to garnish)
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks, placing them into a mixing bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork or potato masher. Add mayonnaise, mustard, sweet relish, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until smooth
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and top with olive halves.
Submitted by Jennifer McGuire
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 ripe avocado , skin and seed removed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish (or substitute a teaspoon of Miracle Whip for the horseradish)
- 1 teaspoon iodized sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Paprika , to garnish
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks, placing them in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add avocado, mustard, horseradish, sea salt and lemon juice to the food processor bowl.* Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Or, to make them look like the picture above, transfer the yolk mixture into a resealable plastic bag.
- With scissors, snip off a bottom corner from the bag. Using the bag like a pastry bag, pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
- If you don’t have a food processor, place ingredients in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork or a potato masher until smooth.
Ingredients - Egg Crepes
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- ¼ c milk
- 4 green onions (scallions), minced
- ½ c mixed fresh herbs such as flat leaf parsley thyme and tarragon, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 t olive oil, plus more as needed
Ingredients - Filling and Garnish:
- 1 c whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 T finely grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 t minced fresh thyme
- ¼ c olive oil, plus more as needed
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 3 c baby arugula, kale or mixed greens
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ c coarsely chopped toasted and salted pistachios or toasted almonds or pine nuts
To make the crepes, in a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, green onions, mixed herbs and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Beat with a fork to blend.
Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 t olive oil. Reduce the heat to medium. Add one-fourth of the egg mixture, tipping the pan to spread the eggs evenly. Cook until the top of the crepe is set, tipping the pan, and spreading the uncooked egg to the edges, 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Slide the crepe onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining egg mixture, adding more olive oil to the pan as needed and forming 4 crepes total.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, two-thirds of the green onions, the pecorino cheese, thyme and 1 T of the olive oil. Season the filling to taste with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and mustard. Gradually whisk in 3 T of the olive oil and the remaining green onions to make a dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread one-fourth of the ricotta-herb mixture over half of each egg crepe. Fold each crepe in half over the filling, and then fold in half again, forming fan shapes. Place the crepes in the oven and cook until the filling is warm, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the kale and radishes in a salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Add the nuts and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange 2 filled crepes on each plate. Mound the dressed salad alongside and serve immediately.
Adapted from Williams Sonoma Weeknight Gluten Free by Kristine Kidd (Weldon Owen, 2013)
- 7 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- 1lb pasta (fettuccine / spaghetti)
- Guanciale (italian hogs jowl)
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Fresh crushed black pepper
- Crack 3 whole Blue Sky Family Farms' eggs into a mixing bowl
- Add 4 Blue Sky Family Farms egg yolks to the bowl
- Add 1 ½ cups of finely grated pecorino romano cheese to the bowl
- Add black pepper and salt to taste (about 2-3 tablespoons each)
- Whisk the ingredients in the bowl until even
Dice the guanciale into small pieces
Render the guanciale in a frying pan on low heat
- Add water to a large pot and a few pinches of salt
- Add the pasta to the pot once water is boiling
- Cook until al dente
- Strain the pasta and let cool in a mixing bowl
- Add the sauce, the guanciale, and a few teaspoons of the guanciale juice to the pasta
- Mix and until the sauce and guanciale are evenly distributed
- Finally Add pecorino romano on top to taste and enjoy!