Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 ripe avocado , skin and seed removed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish (or substitute a teaspoon of Miracle Whip for the horseradish)
- 1 teaspoon iodized sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Paprika , to garnish
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks, placing them in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add avocado, mustard, horseradish, sea salt and lemon juice to the food processor bowl.* Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Or, to make them look like the picture above, transfer the yolk mixture into a resealable plastic bag.
- With scissors, snip off a bottom corner from the bag. Using the bag like a pastry bag, pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
- If you don’t have a food processor, place ingredients in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork or a potato masher until smooth.