Back To School Scramble
- - 5 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs, beaten
- - 1 small onion, diced
- - 2 bell peppers, diced
- - ½ jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- - ½ cup fresh spinach
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - Fresh ground salt + pepper
- - 2 tbs olive oil
- - ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- - 1 green onion, sliced for garnish
- - Pour olive oil into a medium/large skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- - Add peppers, (optional) jalapenos, and garlic, sprinkle with salt + pepper. Cook while stirring occasionally about 4-6 minutes, until veggies are tender but not too soft.
- - Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in beaten eggs. Cook while stirring with a rubber heat-safe spatula about 3-6 minutes, until eggs are almost cooked.
- - Fold in spinach and finish cooking eggs, about 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- - Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and cover, let cheese melt for several minutes.
- - Garnish with sliced green onion and serve on its own, in a tortilla, or on toast, for an easy, tasty, hot and wholesome breakfast.
- - For faster preparation, crack eggs directly into pan and toss immediately with spatula to break yolks + combine.
- - Serve with hot sauce, cayenne, ketchup, or use a whole jalapeno for extra flavor + heat.
- -To remove garlic husk without hassle, smash the garlic bulb with the side of a knife first.
Coop’s Authentic Carbonara
- - 7 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- - 1lb pasta (fettuccine / spaghetti)
- - Guanciale (italian hogs jowl)
- - Pecorino Romano cheese
- - Fresh crushed black pepper
- - Salt
- - Crack 3 whole Blue Sky Family Farms' eggs into a mixing bowl
- - Add 4 Blue Sky Family Farms egg yolks to the bowl
- - Add 1 ½ cups of finely grated pecorino romano cheese to the bowl
- - Add black pepper and salt to taste (about 2-3 tablespoons each)
- - Whisk the ingredients in the bowl until even
Dice the guanciale into small pieces
Render the guanciale in a frying pan on low heat
- - Add water to a large pot and a few pinches of salt
- - Add the pasta to the pot once water is boiling
- - Cook until al dente
- - Strain the pasta and let cool in a mixing bowl
- - Add the sauce, the guanciale, and a few teaspoons of the guanciale juice to the pasta
- - Mix and until the sauce and guanciale are evenly distributed
- - Finally Add pecorino romano on top to taste and enjoy!
Baked Eggs Provencale
- - 8 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs
- - 8 teaspoons chopped parsley
- - 8 ripe tomatoes, hollowed out salt and pepper
- - 1 Teaspoon butter
- - Basil
- - Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- - Preheat oven to 400°F
- - Place tomato shells in a buttered baking dish
- - sprinkle each with salt, pepper and chopped parsley
- - Bake 5 minutes uncovered
- - Remove from oven and break an egg into each tomato, dot with butter and sprinkle with basil
- - return to oven for 15 minutes
- - sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake another 10 minutes