Skip to content
Back To School Scramble
- - 5 Blue Sky Family Farms eggs, beaten
- - 1 small onion, diced
- - 2 bell peppers, diced
- - ½ jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- - ½ cup fresh spinach
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - Fresh ground salt + pepper
- - 2 tbs olive oil
- - ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- - 1 green onion, sliced for garnish
- - Pour olive oil into a medium/large skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- - Add peppers, (optional) jalapenos, and garlic, sprinkle with salt + pepper. Cook while stirring occasionally about 4-6 minutes, until veggies are tender but not too soft.
- - Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in beaten eggs. Cook while stirring with a rubber heat-safe spatula about 3-6 minutes, until eggs are almost cooked.
- - Fold in spinach and finish cooking eggs, about 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- - Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and cover, let cheese melt for several minutes.
- - Garnish with sliced green onion and serve on its own, in a tortilla, or on toast, for an easy, tasty, hot and wholesome breakfast.
- - For faster preparation, crack eggs directly into pan and toss immediately with spatula to break yolks + combine.
- - Serve with hot sauce, cayenne, ketchup, or use a whole jalapeno for extra flavor + heat.
- -To remove garlic husk without hassle, smash the garlic bulb with the side of a knife first.