Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage, no casings
- 2 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Large Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 lb package frozen tater tots
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook sausage on medium-high heat, breaking up the meat and browning it. Once cooked through, drain and layer onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Evenly sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over the sausage.
-In a large bowl, hand-whisk together milk, eggs, pepper, onion powder and salt. Once mixed, pour evenly over the cheese and sausage in baking dish. Layer top with frozen tater tots. If not baking right away, cover tightly with foil and chill in refrigerator until the next morning.
-When ready to bake, set oven to 350°F with rack on lower middle position. Once oven reaches 350°F, place uncovered pan in oven for about 35 minutes. Top with additional ½ cup cheese, cooked/crumbled bacon, and bake another 5 to 10 minutes or until sides are bubbling and top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley, let rest at room temperature 10 minutes and serve.