German Pancake with Buttermilk Sauce
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with 2 T. melted butter.
- Beat eggs, milk and flour until smooth, and pour into greased pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Pancake will brown and rise up at the sides of the pan.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup and baking soda; stir and boil for 7 minutes. The mixture should be thick, smooth and golden in color. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spoon over slices of warm pancake.