Breakfast Crescent Roll
- 1 package pork sausage
- 6 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs
- ⅓ cup chopped chives (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (for egg wash, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain and set aside.
- Beat eggs with chives and garlic powder in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are set and still moist, stirring occasionally.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Unroll dough and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 8 triangles with shortest sides toward center, slightly overlapping in a sun shape and leaving a 4-inch round circle open in center. Place ½ of the cooked sausage on top of each crescent roll ring. Top with ½ of the cheese and scrambled eggs and sprinkle with ½ of the mozzarella. Repeat with remaining ingredients, forming 2 crescent rings.
- Pull points of triangles over the ingredients and tuck dough under to form rings.
- Brush with egg wash, if desired, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with additional chives, if desired.