Bacon Broccoli and Potato Frittata
- 10 ounces of small red potatoes, about 2 cups
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 medium onion chopped, about 2 cups
- 8 Blue Sky Family Farms Free-Range or Pasture-Raised Eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, add potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil, add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain water and set potatoes aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, add bacon to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisped, stirring often, about 6 to 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towel, leaving bacon renderings in the pan. Add chopped broccoli and onion to the bacon renderings and cook over medium heat until softened, 3 to 4 minutes, then add potatoes and bacon to the skillet, stir, and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a 4-cup measuring cup, and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top potatoes and broccoli mixture with shredded cheese and pour the egg mixture evenly over the cheese. Cook the eggs, lifting the edges of the eggs as they cook so the egg mixture flows under the cooked portion and the egg is almost set. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the egg is puffy and completely set. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.