Egg Carton Snowman
December 14, 2020
These cute little Egg Carton Snowmen are here to stay, and unlike the real thing, they won’t melt away!
Make sure to use safety scissors around small children, in addition to providing adult supervision with the hot glue gun.
- Blue Sky Family Farms egg carton
- Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
- White acrylic paint
- Small buttons
- Red or green and black pipe cleaners
- Black marker
- Orange, red, and green felt
- Red or green pom poms
- Cut 3 cups and two tips from the egg carton. Paint cups white with acrylic paint, set aside to dry.
- Cut orange felt into a triangle for the nose. Cut black pipe cleaners for the arms, and bend to create hands. Cut red/green pipe cleaner and bend into a half-circle shape.
- Once dry, poke holes into either side of one cup with toothpick. Insert arms into holes. Glue painted cups together with hot glue, gluing an egg carton tip in between each cup, and making sure the cup with the arms goes in the middle.
- Assemble the rest of your snowman’s accessories. Glue the nose to its face, and the red/green pipe cleaner over its head. Glue pom-poms to either side of its head, over the ends of the red/green pipe cleaners. Glue buttons to the front, and the scarf around his neck.
- Lastly, draw on a smiling face with a marker creating black dots to look like coal.
- Decorate your house or use it as a tree ornament, these smiling snowmen won’t melt away, they’re here to stay!