Egg Carton Flower Wreath
November 16, 2020
Save that egg carton and grab your favorite paints and buttons, this little craft is perfect for a cozy holiday shut-in. Hang it up on your door or wall, these bright sustainable flowers will be a joy to all!
Make sure to glue the flowers onto the hoop with lots of glue. It’s easy for the flowers to fall off if not attached properly.
- Egg Carton
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Acrylic paints in fall colors
- Drop cloth
- Cup of water (for rinsing brush)
- Embroidery hoop
1. Cut out flower shapes from the egg carton cups. Paint each cup with a base color, wait to dry, then paint the inside with another color. Set to dry.
2. Cut small triangles from the carton peaks and scraps. Paint them green then set out to dry to make the leaves.
3. Glue buttons to the inside of the flowers. Glue leaves together in groups of 2-3 to go between the flowers.
4. Glue the flowers evenly around the embroidery hoop. Fill in the spaces between the flowers with the leaf bundles, covering all of the hoop’s surface.
5. Once dry and everything is well attached, hang wreath on a door, wall, or railing for a fun piece of fall decor!